terms & conditionsLast updated: November 13, 2020
THE SECTION BELOW TITLED "BINDING ARBITRATION" AND "CLASS ACTION WAIVER" CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
If you accept or agree with this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to the Agreement and, in such event, "you" and "your" will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to deny you access to the Services, or any portion of the Services, without notice and without reason.
2. COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
To provide you with the Services, we need to build a community with a few simple guidelines. By accessing the Services or submitting any User Content (defined below), you agree to comply with these community guidelines (the "Community Guidelines") and that:
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any User Content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity; or
- is defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another's privacy, promotes violence or illegal activity, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity); or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person's e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will comply with all applicable laws in your use of the Services and not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not access or use the Services to collect any market research for a competing business;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with, or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of, the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any Content (defined below), data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means;
- You will not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble any software or processes accessible through the Services;
- You will not cover, obscure, block, or in any way interfere with any advertisements and/or safety features on the Services;
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Services for any purpose without our express written permission;
- You will not take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our technical infrastructure;
- You will not resell or distribute the Products, unless explicitly permitted to by us, or use the Products for any illegal purposes;
- You will not remove or modify any proprietary markings or restrictive legends placed on the Services; and
- You will not introduce, post, or upload to the Services any Harmful Code. As used herein, "Harmful Code" means computer code, programs or programming devices that are intentionally designed to disrupt, modify, access, delete, damage, deactivate, disable, harm, or otherwise impede in any manner, including aesthetic disruptions or distortions, the operation of the Services, or any other associated software, firmware, hardware, computer system, or network (including, without limitation, "Trojan horses," "viruses," "worms," "time bombs," "time locks," "devices," "traps," "access codes," or "drop dead" or "trap door" devices) or any other harmful, malicious, or hidden procedures, routines or mechanisms that would cause the Services to cease functioning or to damage or corrupt data, storage media, programs, equipment, or communications, or otherwise interfere with the operations of the Services.
3. USER CONTENT
The Website allows you to send us quotes, sayings, and other text that we may then use on future Products ("User Content"). You, and not Quotable, are entirely responsible for all User Content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit through the Website. We are not obligated to use any User Content in our Products and Services.
To the extent permitted by law, you retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to your own User Content. You do, however, hereby grant us and our sublicensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, freely sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable license to modify, compile, combine with other content, copy, record, synchronize, transmit, translate, format, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and otherwise use or exploit (including for profit) your User content and all intellectual property and moral rights therein throughout the universe, in each case, by or in any means, methods, media, or technology now known or hereafter devised.
4. COMMUNICATIONS WITH US
Although we encourage you to e-mail us, we do not want you to, and you should not, e-mail us any content that contains confidential information. With respect to all e-mails and communications you send to us (weather oral or written), including, but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, testimonials, and the like, we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to, the development, production, and marketing of Products and Services that incorporate such information without compensation or attribution to you.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The trademarks, service marks, and logos of Quotable (the "Quotable Trademarks") used and displayed on the Services are registered trademarks or service marks of Quotable. Other company and service names located on the Services may be trademarks or service marks owned by third parties (the "Third-Party Trademarks," and, collectively with Quotable Trademarks, the "Trademarks"). Nothing on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use the Trademarks, without our prior written permission specific for each such use. Use the Trademarks as part of a link to or from any site is prohibited unless establishment of such a link is approved in advance by us in writing. All goodwill generated from the use of Quotable Trademarks inures to our benefit.
Elements of the Services are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other state and federal laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part, by any means, including, but not limited to, the use of framing in mirrors. None of the Content may be retransmitted without our express, written consent for each and every instance.
6. PURCHASE TERMS
a. Orders; Order Acceptance. You may place orders for our Products through our Services. The receipt of an order number or an email order confirmation does not constitute Quotable's acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. Quotable reserves the right to refuse service to anyone or cancel an order for any reason. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order. Prices and availability of Products are subject to change without notice.
b. Wholesale Purchasers. If you are purchasing Products from us wholesale, you will need to contact us to create an account. We will provide you with a username and password ("Login Credentials"). You are solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Login Credentials, as well as for any use, misuse, communications, or Purchase made or entered through the Services using your account. You will promptly inform us of any need to deactivate your account. Quotable is under no obligation to accept any individual or entity as an account holder, and may accept or reject any registrations in our sole and complete discretion. We will not be liable for any loss of damage caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
d. Shipping; rick of Loss; Returns. We use reliable third-party carriers to deliver the Products to you. You are responsible for the cost of all shipping. Quotable is not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, any incidental or consequential damages) arising from our third-party carrier's failure to deliver or delay in delivering the Products Purchased through the Services. Further, we are not responsible in the event that the Products is unable to be delivered to you due to any incorrect shipping address, your failure or refusal to accept delivery, or for any other reason. title and risk of loss to the Products will pass to you upon delivery to the shipping carrier. Wee only accept returns for Products that were damaged upon receipt by the customer, and if you request to return a Product we may require additional information to evidence this.
e. Errors. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, and prices of Products described or depicted on the Services are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. From time to time, there may be information on the Services that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to Products descriptions, Product prices, promotions, offers, and availability. Quotable reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders, if any information on the Services is inaccurate at any time without prior notice, even after you have received an order confirmation or shipping notification. The inclusion of any Products on the Services does not imply or warrant that the Products will be available. We reserve the right to revise our Products offerings and/or discontinue the Products at any time without notice. Quotable also reserves the right to limit quantities purchased, and to revise, suspend, or terminate an event or promotion at any time without notice (including after an order has been submitted or acknowledged).
7. DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE SERVICES AND ALL CONTENT AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY QUOTABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
QUOTABLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT, AND ALL PRODUCTS OFFERED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, QUOTABLE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THE SERVICES IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SERVER THAT MAKE THEM AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR COMMON LAW TORT CLAIMS: (I) WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE SERVICES, THE PRODUCTS, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (II) ANY DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO FIFTY UNITED STATES DOLLARS (US $50). QUOTABLE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT DAMAGES THAT YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY'S PURCHASE OR USE OF ANY PRODUCTS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN ITHIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. DIGITAL MILLENIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
Quotable respects the intellectual property rights of others and attempts to comply with all relevant laws. We will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove any Content or User Content deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws.
Our designated agent under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "Act") for the receipt of any Notification of Claimed Infringement which may be given under the Act is as follows:
611 Broadway Suite 615
New York, NY 10012
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our agent with notices in accordance with the requirements of the Act, including (i) a description of the copyrighted work that has been infringed and the specific location on the Services where such work is located; (ii) a description of the location of the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (iv) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (v) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notices is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (vi) an electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
10. COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS
The Services are based in the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Services are accessible, or whether Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use, or Purchases may be made, outside of the United States. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
11. CONTROLLING LAW
12. BINDING ARBITRATION
13. CLASS ACTION WAIVER
You agree that any arbitration or proceeding shall be limited to the Dispute between us and you individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (i) no arbitration or proceeding shall be joined with any other; (ii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated or resolved on a class action-basis or to utilize class action procedures; and (iii) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
14. EQUITABLE RELIEF
15. EXTERNAL WEBSITES
The Services may contain links to third-party websites ("External Websites"). These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by us of the content on such External Websites. The content of such External Websites is developed and provided by others. You should contact the site administrator or webmaster of those External Websites if you have any concerns regarding such links or any content located on such External Websites. We are not responsible for the content of any linked External Websites and do not make any representations regarding the content of accuracy of materials on such External Websites. You should take precautions when downloading files from all websites to protect your computer form viruses and other destructive programs. If you decide to access linked External Websites, you do so at your own risk.
16. CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT
19. HOW TO CONTACT US
Copyright 2020 Quotable Cards, Inc. All rights reserved.